Moves and Updates
Affiliation changes and other updates to the list of institutions
and researchers active in technical games
People in bold on the researchers list who changed jobs.
- Peter I. Cowling: University of York to Queen Mary University of London
- Levi Lelis: Federal University of Viçosa (Brazil) to University of Alberta (Canada)
- Alexander Zook: Activision Blizzard to Unity Technologies
- Justus Robertson: North Carolina State University (USA) to University of York (UK)
- Matthew Guzdial*: Georgia Institute of Technology (USA) to University of Alberta (Canada)
- Stella Mazeika*: University of California Santa Cruz to Gallium Artists
- Santiago Ontañón: Drexel University to Google [primary affiliation change]
- Sebastian Risi: IT University of Copenhagen to modl.ai [primary affiliation change]
- Sam Snodgrass: Northeastern University (USA) to modl.ai (Denmark)
- Rachelyn Farrell: University of New Orleans to University of Kentucky
- Britton Horn*: Northeastern University to Trinity University
- Eric Kaltman: Carnegie Mellon University to California State University Channel Islands
- Elisa D. Mekler: University of Basel (Switzerland) to Aalto University (Finland)
- David Thue: Reykjavik University (Iceland) to Carleton University (Canada)
- Stephen G. Ware: University of New Orleans to University of Kentucky
- Adrian David Cheok: Imagineering Institute to Independent/Other
- Alessandro Canossa: Ubisoft to Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts
- Joshua A. Fisher*: Georgia Institute of Technology to Columbia College Chicago
- Christoffer Holmgård: Northeastern University (USA) to modl.ai (Denmark)
- Kyung-Joong Kim: Sejong University to Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
- Markus Eger*: North Carolina State University (USA) to University of Costa Rica (Costa Rica)
- Swen E. Gaudl: Falmouth University to University of Plymouth
- Siming Liu: University of Nevada Reno to Missouri State University
- Mark J. Nelson: Falmouth University (UK) to American University (USA) [that's me!]
- Christoph Salge: New York University (USA) to University of Hertfordshire (UK) [returning from secondment]
- Matthew Stephenson*: Australian National University (Australia) to Maastricht University (Netherlands)
- Abdallah Saffidine: Australian National University to University of New South Wales
- Adrian David Cheok: City University of London (UK) to Imagineering Institute (Malaysia) [primary affiliation change]
- Michael Cook: Falmouth University to Queen Mary University of London
- Mike Preuss: University of Münster (Germany) to Leiden University (Netherlands)
- Günter Wallner: University of Applied Arts Vienna (Austria) to Eindhoven University of Technology (Netherlands)
- Wojciech Jaskowski: Poznan University of Technology (Poland) to NNAISENSE (Switzerland)
- James Ryan*: University of California Santa Cruz to BBN Technologies
- Max Birk*: University of Saskatchewan (Canada) to Eindhoven University of Technology (Netherlands)
- April Grow*: University of California Santa Cruz (USA) to Goldsmiths University of London (UK)
- Andrew Nealen: New York University to University of Southern California
- Hendrik Baier: University of York (UK) to Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (Netherlands)
- Simon Colton: Falmouth University to Queen Mary University of London
- Jeremy Gow: Goldsmiths University of London to Queen Mary University of London
- Lindsay D. Grace: American University to University of Miami
- Dominic Kao*: Massachusetts Institute of Technology to Purdue University
- Peter A. Mawhorter: Massachusetts Institute of Technology to Wellesley College
- John Murray*: University of California Santa Cruz to University of Central Florida
- Joseph C. Osborn*: University of California Santa Cruz to Pomona College
- Nathan R. Sturtevant: University of Denver (USA) to University of Alberta (Canada)
- Anne Sullivan: University of Central Florida to Georgia Institute of Technology
- Adam Summerville*: University of California Santa Cruz to California State Polytechnic University Pomona
- Ben G. Weber: Independent/Other to Zynga
- Christopher A. Ballinger: Blind Squirrel Games to Soar Technology
- Cameron Browne: RIKEN (Japan) to Maastricht University (Netherlands)
* Indicates PhD student moving to faculty, postdoc, or industry job
- Updated DBLP dump; all 2019 conferences and journal issues should now be included.
- Dropped publications from 2009 (now more than 10 years old).
- Reduced the threshold for displaying per-institution "top venues" on the
main page, so there are now more of them listed.
- The usual batch of affiliation updates and additions. The new total is
2140 researchers at 706 institutions.
- Updated DBLP dump. This adds some journal issues, but no 2019 conference
- Another batch of affiliation updates and additions. The new total is
2026 researchers at 679 institutions.
- Updated DBLP dump; all 2018 conferences and journals should now be included.
- Dropped publications from 2008 (now more than 10 years old).
- Moderate number of affiliation updates and additions, bringing the total
up to 1912 researchers at 637 institutions.
- Updated DBLP dump. This adds the 2018 proceedings of AIIDE, CHI Play,
CIG, FDG, and ICEC, plus some journal issues.
- Hundreds of affiliation corrections, updates, and additions. The
big list now includes 1852 researchers
at 618 institutions, up from 1338 researchers at 490 institutions.
- Added a list of authors still missing
affiliations; any information on them is welcome.
- People who have moved to companies that don't do game-related research
(e.g. moved to the finance sector) are now classified under
- Removed DiGRA. Nothing wrong with the conference, but: 1) it appears to
have a quite small percentage of technical papers, and 2) including it
resulted in a strangely chosen subset of people and institutions from
game studies being highlighted here — strange because, since I don't
include any game-studies journals, other equally active researchers
weren't included. Since I don't attempt to cover game studies properly,
it seems better to omit DiGRA too. (For the record, this change hurts my
- ACE 2018 imploded spectacularly,
so removed ACE going forward (papers up to 2017 are still included).
- Minor cleanup to remove some non-papers that DBLP had indexed (lists of
organizers, news updates from the journal editor, etc.).